50th Anniversary Newsletter #10: Autumn Update
Off the Top
Respect and congratulations to Monmouth Women’s Rugby Club Captains Gabby Colasurdo and Diana Valencia on their noteworthy achievements!
- Gabby was selected to represent USA South in Rugby Americas North 2023 Women’s XVs Tournament, July 12-16, in Jamaica. USA South won the tournament. Gabby played extremely well on both sides of the ball.
- Diana was selected to represent the Philippines in the Asia Rugby Sevens Series. August 26-27, in Incheon, South Korea. She was a standout on the pitch, and is now a capped international player.
It is an honor to have them represent our club.
Gala 50th Anniversary Banquet
Reserve your tickets now – first come, first come first served!
The capstone of our year-long 50th Anniversary celebration will take place on Saturday, January 20, 2024 at the Manasquan Elks Club. Join with teammates and friends from across Monmouth’s first half century to swap stories and share great memories. Please plan to come out for a last hurrah for the 50th Anniversary, and a sure-to-be classic rendition of “The Wilde Rover”.
IMPORTANT: The Elks Lodge in Manasquan – can only accommodate 150 people, so reservations for the event are on a First Come, First Served basis. To secure your reservation (we’ll worry about money later), please click the link below and tell us how many to plan for:
If you didn’t click on the link, go back up there and do it It won’t take a minute, and you’ll have a great time.
More info on the Gala will be forthcoming shortly from the event planning committee.
MRFC50th Anniversary Merchandise
The Merchandise Committee and MRFC Webmaster Jeff Petz, invite you to visit the Monmouth Rugby 50th Anniversary Store.
We are open for business.
Offering three new items:
- Magnet bumper stickers $10
- Koozies $5
- Tokens/ball markers/poker chips $5
We let a few folks know about these three items and our Mortgage Buy-Down Bundle and have sold almost half our inventory already. Please share/gift your MRFC50 purchases with friends and family too.
Some package deals – “Buy a bundle, save a bundle”
- Buy-Down Bundle – Five Koozies and five magnets for $50 ($75 priced separately), plus optional $10 shipping
- Stack o’ Chips – Ten chips for $40 (20% savings), plus optional $10 shipping – free shipping if bought with a Bundle
We also have our 50th Anniversary Hats along with a selection of T-shirts, hoodies, commemorative bricks, and whatever else crosses our minds as the year continues. Got an idea? Let us know
Visit the store at https://monmouthrugbyclub.com/store/
Items under consideration – suggestions welcome:
50th Anniversary pint glasses, license plate holders, polo shirts with a 50th patch on the front left.
Also, here’s a preview of a terrific Monmouth Rugby Family design created by Brian Cardew and Trischele Petach that will soon be offered in a special one-month window through the MRFC50 Store….probably during October. Pictured is the back of the shirt – the front features the light blue 50th Anniversary crest developed by Donny Palmer….. an Old Boy, a Young Boy and a Woman rugger. Coincidence or karma?
Net proceeds from all merch sales are going towards paying down our Wilde Rover mortgage. We have paid down $1500 so far, with more coming soon, AND we have accounted for all the costs for our merch and bricks.
Questions on specific items, ordering, shipping or venmo deals? Please text John Watts at 732.539.3925
It’s not too late to
literally etch your name in the club history, or celebrate teammates or a memorable event. Contribute your bit to the story of Monmouth Rugby’s 50th Anniversary
by inscribing a brick for the walkway between the deck and the garage at the Wilde Rover.
4″ x 8″ and 8″ x 8″ bricks are available for $50 and $100, respectively. You can even order a personal copy of your inscribed brick(s) at a reduced rate!
To order, please click the link: Order Bricks Here
Payment for bricks
- Venmo the total from your online order to: @MRFC50 (last 4 digits of phone is 5044). Indicate “Brick” in the memo.
- Mail a check made out to “Monmouth RFC” c/o Tom Lyons, 36 E Highland Ave, Atlantic HIghlands, NJ 07716. Please note “Brick” in the memo.
- Questions?: email Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that there is only one weekend with both the men’s and women’s teams at home (9/30)
Sounds like Friends and Family Day to us….
|9/9||@ NYRC||vs Lansdowne|
|9/16||— Open —||vs NYRC|
|9/23||@ New Haven||— Open —|
|9/30||vs Union||vs Fairfield|
|10/7||vs Village Lions||@ Lansdowne|
|10/14||vs Brooklyn||@ NYRC|
|10/21||vs Danbury||@ Fairfield|
|10/28||@ Morris||— Open —|
Questions, comments, ideas or suggestions? Click here to send an email
Please visit the “50th Anniversary” tab on the Monmouth Rugby website for all the latest information: